There is no doubt that today, we live in a world of excess and materialism. As we are constantly told to buy new things and accumulate more possessions, one must ask: is this the best thing for me? Is this the best thing for my soul, or my character?
Joshua Becker, bestselling author and creator of Becoming Minimalist, has asked these questions himself. As a result of wading through the deep waters of this struggle, he has become one of the leading voices for the minimalist movement today.
Minimalism, as Joshua Becker defines it, is the intentional promotion of the things we most value and the removal of everything that distracts us from it. For years, Joshua has been leading this movement, and today he joins us to share just a little bit about what it looks like to live simply as Christians longing to live like Jesus.
Topics We Discuss
- How excess can hold us back from a meaningful life.
- How minimalism can lead to better character.
- How to establish more intimacy in your relationships.
- What an awesome, healthy community looks like, and how to build it.
- What Jesus says about the minimalist lifestyle.
- Practical ways to start with a simpler lifestyle.
- The Road to Character by David Brooks
- 8 Things That Should Impress Us More than Money & Career
- 21 Surprising Statistics That Reveal How Much Stuff We Actually Own
Are you considering a more minimalist lifestyle? Talk about you struggles with excess and questions about minimalism in the comments section below!